Some families decide to homeschool out of preference, based on:
- The academic aspect: children with special needs, either learning difficulties or giftedness.
- Positive socialization: homeschooling allows parents and children to choose the people with which they want relationships.
Conflicts with the school system:
- Parents don’t feel understood by teaching personnel and/or school administration;
- Philosophy of education and values conveyed at public school do not meet the expectations and/or needs of parents and/or children.
- Absence of an alternative school (Christian, Waldorf, Montessori, etc.).
Other families will choose to homeschool by deep personal conviction, based on one or more elements:
Education is a life style centered on family values.
Homeschooling can ensure the global development and well-being of children, on a medium to long-term basis at all levels, in spite of any challenges that may come along, such as health or finances. Challenges in themselves become opportunities to grow as a family!