ACPEQ (Association of Christian Parent Educators of Quebec) is affiliated with HSLDA (Home School Legal Defence Association), and leaders from provincial home schooling associations across Canada and the United States.
- ACPEQ affirms the primacy of parental responsibility for the welfare, socialization and education of their children regardless of their philosophy of education.
- ACPEQ is dedicated to the education and socialization of children in the natural setting of the family.
- ACPEQ acknowledges that the state has an interest in the education of the young but asserts that such interest is secondary to the responsibility of parents over education.
- ACPEQ believes that the right to home education includes not merely a right over the place in which the education occurs but a right to determine the content, process and timing of this education.
- ACPEQ holds that student assessment is an integral aspect of the education process and that therefore parents have the ultimate right and responsibility to determine the methods and instruments to be used.
- ACPEQ holds that the state must exercise its interest in the education of children by the least intrusive means.
- ACPEQ pursues and recommends, within the framework of its philosophy, a policy of constructive interaction in dealing with officials of the Ministry of Education and local school boards.
The Board of Directors
Five couples normally constitute ACPEQ’s Board of Directors. We aim to maintain a regional representation as well as a linguistic balance. The couples presently serving on the ACPEQ Board are:
President : Ivan Cyr
Vice-President : Bernie Meier
Secretary : Angela Cyr
Treasurer : Yves Rodrigue
Spokesperson : Patrice Boileau
Conference coordinator : Sylvie Crasci
Administrators : Ronald Heron, Rebecca Heron, Lois Meier, Angèle Rodrigue